Monday, October 5, 2009

Heart Walk 2009

Team Sellen had 350 walkers and raised $157,000 this year - we were the 1st place corporate fundraiser for the second year in a row! I take a lot of pride in both of these stats because I've been working with our C.O.O. since April to do the fundraising with our vendors and I organized all of the employee walkers. I am breathing a sigh of relief to have it behind me and am already starting Sellen's next philanthropic effort - the annual United Way campaign!

Gerald, Izzy, and Angel (one of Izzy's teachers) attended the walk with me. It was a crisp fall morning, but it didn't rain, so we were happy!



There was a post-walk festival and Izzy got a chance to go in the bouncy house. It was her first time and she was a little uncertain about it, but an older girl helped her out. She didn't last long, but at least she tried it!!

No comments: