Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

I was on vacation last Friday, but Izzy was exposed to chickenpox at daycare this week, so we opted to cancel our plans to go to the Everett Children's Museum with Jil, Landen & Avery. I was so sad! (No sign of CP yet ... keep your fingers crossed that her vaccination worked!)

So... we stayed around the house most of the day. We worked on crafts getting ready for Father's Day - Izzy colored (for about 3 minutes until she threw a fit and went down for a nap!) while I worked on cards for Gerald & my Dad...


When the "big day" arrived, we spent the morning with Gerald opening gifts, enjoying a nice breakfast, and playing around the house while he prepared his day-long-grilling project (pulled pork - yummy!). Then Izzy & I headed to W. Seattle for church and a blessing of my Grandfather's ashes (he passed a couple months ago, but we never had a service). I'm glad we were there.

When we got home, we played and in the late afternoon I sent Izzy to play with Gerald while I headed out for a bit of R & R at the nail salon. It was a fun weekend!

No comments: