Monday, November 30, 2009

Black Friday

Our version of Black Friday wasn't shopping (OK - I admit that I tried to go to Target at 7:45 am which was a HUGE mistake because it took me 30 minutes to get up the hill and once I got into the store I walked out immediately because the line was so long!). We decorated the house for Christmas instead!

While Gerald was out riding his motorcycle, Izzy and I ate cookies while I made an eggnog latte - yummy!

We traded out the Halloween decorations for the Christmas ones - Izzy was willing to part with her Halloween Starbucks bears in return for the Christmas ones - there they are spread out all over the floor while she dances in joy. Oh she loves the bears!

Later after the frost had melted, Izzy and I went outside to join Gerald who was hanging the Christmas lights.



We got in a bit of bike riding...


... as well as a bit of garden clean-up

And then it was back inside the house for lunch & nap. While Izzy was snoozing, I finished the tree.


This was my gift from Gerald's trip to Germany in September - we got it working and you can see that it is spinning from the heat of the candles. Pretty cool!


No comments: