Monday, November 9, 2009

Gerald and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary this weekend. On Friday Izzy spent the day & night with my parents and on Saturday my sisters took her to the Seattle Children's Museum and then stayed with her at our house. Gerald & I had almost 48 hours to ourselves! We did miss Izzy - it's going to be hard to leave her for over a week in the Spring when we go to the Caribbean (but we'll manage ;-) ).

We treated ourselves to a night at Willows Lodge in Woodinville. It's surprisingly close to our house but really felt like getting away. We went over early and couldn't check in to our room right away so we headed over to Molbak's and had fun shopping and getting into the Christmas spirit a bit early. When we did get checked-in, we relaxed and then headed over to Barking Frog for a fabulous meal. In the morning we explored the gardens - they grow much of their own produce for Barking Frog and neighboring Herb Farm on site - and they raise chickens and pigs for Herb Farm there too! The gardens are really cool - lots of nice artwork mixed in - they're functional and beautiful. I can only imagine what they look like in the Summer when they're fully alive. If you get a chance to escape, Gerald & I highly recommend Willows Lodge!

No comments: