Friday, March 6, 2009

Izzy's First Birthday

Today is Isabella's first birthday - I've been thinking back to a year ago on the day she was born. It's so funny because it was all such a whirlwind at the time, but now looking back I have such vivid memories of so many details from the day. Pretty amazing considering how sleep deprived I was within only 24 hours of her birth! In a lot of ways it seems like forever ago and in others it seems like just yesterday. How time flies before your eyes once a child has entered your life.

I took today off from work and my Mom headed up to spend the day with us. The first order of business was breakfast, opening a couple presents (one for my Mom & Dad and one for Izzy). They we headed down to Izzy's daycare to bring birthday treats to the kids. Izzy had her first cupcake - or should I say cupcake frosting - with the kids. She had fun but since she isn't really used to sweets, it didn't last long before she had too much sugar and spit it out. We tried again after dinner and she had some of the cake part - and gobbled it all up!

New birthday clothes from Grandma & Grandpa

Izzy's first cupcake at daycare

No comments: